Master Angler Program
Species and Minimum Qualifying Length:
- Walleye – 27 inches
- Northern Pike – 38 inches
- Bass (SM or LM) – 18 inches
- Muskellunge – 44 inches
- Lake Trout – 33 inches
- Program dates for the Master Angler Awards Year will run from November 1 to October 31st of the following year.
- Fish must be caught by angling and in accordance with regulations of the Province of Ontario. Lake-specific regulations do apply.
- Anglers are encouraged to enter all qualifying fish they release.
- Eligible anglers must be fishing the lakes in the Lake of the Woods region.
Non-resident anglers must be staying or residing at Lake of the Woods establishments or properties.
- Details of qualifying fish must be submitted individually on an official entry form within 30 days of being caught.
- To qualify, anglers must have a witness and/or picture. Those entries not eligible, without a witness signature, or not abiding by season or species-specific regulations will be disqualified.